You have a couple of different options when choosing a generator to use with your motorhome or travel trailer. The portable inverter models are best when you are not looking for an installed unit. These generators are lightweight, portable, and filled with gas the same way you fill a lawn mower or any other small engine power equipment. They are also pull start.
The other type of RV generator is meant to be installed in your vehicle or trailer. They are typically electric start and connected to an existing fuel tank. Whether that is the propane tank on the front of your travel trailer, or the diesel or gasoline tank used to power the engine in your RV. Once installed, this second type is definitely more convenient to use. This installed type of generator eliminates the need to carry extra gas, other what is already in the existing tanks, and you will not need to hassle with pulling on the pull cord to get it started either.
Portable Inverter RV Generators - Best for RVs, Trailers, or Car Camping
Inverter technology takes the raw power produced by the generator and processes it. The power output is clean and safe for everything including sensetive electronics. These are specifically designed with portability in mind. Take it in your car, truck, RV, or even strapped to the rack of a four wheeler.
- Lightweight & Compact - Up to 40% lighter than a standard generator of equal watts. Built-in-handle allows super easy portability.
- Quiet & Campground Friendly - Full enclosure drastically reduces noise
- Throttle control that helps save fuel and reduce noise even more - Engine RPMs increase and decrease with load.
- Electronic Overload Protection - Circuit breaker protected
- Engine Protection Low-oil shutdown detects low oil level and shuts the engine down to prevent potential engine damage
RV Generators - Best for Motorhomes and Trailers
Maximize your RV experience with an installed RV generator. Wherever the road leads, you won't need to worry about power with your RV generator. These gensets are engineered specifically for the unique needs of recreational vehicles. They perform in all altitudes, under all conditions, for worry-free travels.