Diesel generators are an excellent choice for prime or standby applications. In particular, diesel generators are recommended anytime generator power will be the primary source of electricity. The reasons for this are simple. Diesel engines are built to operate for extended periods with little or no maintenance. Often diesel generators will run at a lower rpm than gaseous counterparts, increasing their lifespan, and contributing to greater reliability. Diesel engines are also more efficient than gaseous engines, resulting in greater production per gallon of fuel spent.
Diesel Generators - Standby and Prime Applications
Traditional standby role - providing backup electricity when utility goes down in winter storm, or as the result of natural disaster. Can be especially useful in areas suffering unstable or problematic utility service - where frequent and predictable outages are a way of life. While diesel generators are widely used in commercial standby applications, they can be an effective option for some homeowners. Prime power role - for prime power, the advantages of a diesel give it the clear edge over a similar natural gas or propane-burning machine. Longer life, better efficiency, lower maintenance requirements, increased oil and filter change intervals all contribute to friendlier prime-power performance.
- Feature industrial-grade engines from Isuzu, Deutz, and Iveco
- Brushless Stamford alternators used
- Most models feature 1800 rpm operation for reduced noise and product longevity
- Deep Sea digital controls harbor engine and generator monitoring functions
- Variety of alerts (warnings) and safety shutdowns
Diesel Generators Compact - For Applications Where Space Is Limited
These units were designed for spray-foam, agriculture, and roofing industries. Isuzu and Iveco industrial power. Stamford and Meccalte 4-pole revolving field brushless alternators.
- Industrial-grade engines from Isuzu and Iveco
- Brushless alternators from Meccalte and Stamford
- All DE-series units feature 1800 rpm operation
- Standard overtemp and overspeed shutdowns
- Key-operated start
Diesel Generators Towable - Switchable Volts for True Flexibility
Units equipped with DOT-approved trailers and fuel tanks. Winco models harbor 4-position voltage selector (1-phase 120/240, 3-phase 120/208, 3-phase 120/240, 3-phase 277/480). Winpower models equipped with three-position selector (2 configuration alternatives available for selector operation).
- Iveco and Deutz power
- Stamford brushless alternators
- Digital control panel-equipped (all models)
- Standard stabilizing jacks
- Locking engine and storage compartments; optional toolboxes available